White Labs WLP677 Lactobacillus Delbrueckii I is a lactic acid bacteria that produces moderate levels of acidity and sour flavors as found in lambics, Berliner Weiss, sour brown ale, and gueze.
White Labs yeast is world-renowned for quality and innovation, certified kosher, GMO free, and subject to thorough quality analysis before being packaged. We are a leading retailer of White Labs products allowing us to provide the freshest yeast possible with the highest vitality.
This yeast comes packaged in White Labs’ PurePitch packaging using the revolutionary FlexCell process, which creates yeast that has never been transferred or exposed to the environment. The PurePitch packaging is a recyclable, flexible material that allows for increased breathability, reducing the chance of gas buildup and maintaining the optimal environment for yeast.
Lactobacillus Bacteria White Labs WLP677
- Species : Souring Bacteria
- Fermentation Temp Range (°F) : 70-75
- Apparent Attenuation Range (%) : 75-82
- Flocculation : Low Alcohol Tolerance : up to 10%
General Use of Wild Yeast for Primary Fermentation: General brewing pitch rates apply for primary fermentation- Fermentation timeline will be slower – closer to 15-21 days depending on the strain
General Use for Secondary Fermentations: Souring will need maturation times around 3+ months- Low sugar requirements will be necessary for these organisms to produce acidity- Organisms will have a difficult time growing in environments below a pH of 3.5
General Use of Bacteria for Kettle Souring/Quick Souring methods: The higher the pitching rate, the faster the souring- Anaerobic environment is preferred for the bacteria- Temperatures ranging from 80-95°F (26-35°C) are optimal for most Lactobacillus strains- Wort production needs to be very clean- Low amount of fermentation from yeast may occur during the souring process- The majority of the Lactobacillus will be killed after boiling.
- Best Styles : Berliner Weiss, sour brown ale and gueze
- White Labs Lactobacillus Delbrueckii I is a lactic acid bacteria
- This bacteria produces moderate levels of acidity and sour flavors
- Comes packaged in White Labs’ PurePitch packaging using the innovative FlexCell process
- Has an attenuation of 75-82% with a medium alcohol tolerance and low flocculation
- Optimum fermentation temperature is 70-75 degrees Fahrenheit