This strain was the first yeast strain produced by White Labs in 1995. It’s their best-selling yeast, famous for its clean flavors and hardy fermentations. Known for its use in hoppy beers, it accentuates hop flavors and aromas and attenuates well, even for high gravity beers. This strain has the ability to be used in almost any style of ale ranging from IPA to Porter and even Kölsch, which makes it a great all-around house strain.
In blind testing, Marshall Shott found that 15 of 23 tasters could tell the difference between otherwise identical ales brewed with WLP001 and US-05. When asked which beer they preferred the group was evenly split. It was clear that there IS a difference, but some prefer US-05 and some prefer WLP001. You’ll just have to try it for yourself…
- Attenuation: 73-85% >= 50%
- Flocculation: Medium
- Optimum Ferment Temp.: 64-73°F 18°C – 23°C
- Alcohol Tolerance: High 10-15%
- Beer Style: American IPA American Wheat Beer Barleywine Blonde Ale Brown Ale California Common Cider Double IPA Dry Mead Imperial Stout Old Ale Pale Ale Porter Red Ale Stout Sweet Mead
GENERAL INFORMATION: NOW AVAILABLE IN DRY AS WELL AS LIQUID for Homebrewers
Breathable and allows CO2 to escape. Reduced chance of gas build-up! This packaging will maintain the yeast in a more stress-free state.
- Packaging is recyclable and is also made from recycled material.
- Color coding to make finding the strain you want easy!
- Instructions specific to each product type.
- White Labs is committed to sustainability. The FlexCell process and PurePitch packaging reduces their use of water, electricity and cleaners used to sanitize vessels during the production process, and their overall use of plastic.