By redirecting the fresh distillate to flow around the alcoholometer, you can instantly get an accurate reading of the abv of your output without having to fill a test beaker. These parrots have a collection cup on the tail end so that you do not need any fancy tubing or piping to redirect the output. The base is ~3 inches around and the body is ~12″ tall. Base is a solid sheet of copper. The welds are all hand done the product is a work of art.
INSTRUCTIONS: Put in place AFTER you collect your foreshots. Position a collector jar in place below the outflow. Once the parrot starts to get some liquid in it and gently lower your hydrometer into center of the parrot. Be careful not to drop it in, especially without any liquid/distillate in there as the glass instruments are fragile.
- Proofing parrot allows for continuous real time alcohol readings from pot or reflux stills without interruption
- Places the scale on the instrument right before your eyes at an easy to read point
- Well thought out design and durable copper construction from our friends at Still Spirits
- 12.9″ (328mm) Tall to use with standard proof and tralle hydrometer no thicker than 23mm diameter (Not Included)
- Works well with the T500 reflux and alembic distillery systems and most other medium to large stills