- High purity food grade Phosphoric Acid in 10% solution – 8 ounces
- Used as an additive to lower mash or sparge water pH
- 1 capful in a 5 gal batch lowers pH by .01
- More stable than lactic acid at high temperatures
- Useful in hydroponicss and around the shop for rusty iron. Wipe off after 10 min spray with WD40.
Repeatability throughout the brewing process is the key to producing consistent high quality beer. Of all the ingredients in your beer, water is the most misunderstood component. Water is universal solvent for metals, minerals, cations and anions. The quality, hardness and subsequent pH of your water will affect enzymatic activity, solubility of salts, proteins and sugars as well as hop usage and perceived hop bitterness. In addition, water quality also contributes to scaling and mineral deposited on your equipment. We offer several products that give you the ability to control the pH of your brewing water under any conditions.