- Pectic Enzyme 1 oz resealable pouch with a tamper evident seal to ensure quality and freshness
- Add to must during the crush to break down pulp and aid in the extraction of tannin
- Works well after fermentation to abate pectin haze in wines and cider
- Add to red grape must to enhance extraction of tannins
- Use 1/2 teaspoon per gallon
Pectin in jelly is a good thing, but bad in your wine! What this stuff does is break up the long pectin chains that cause cloudy wine. Reduces “Pectin Haze” leaving you with a brilliant, clear wine. Useful in both grape and fruit wines. A “must” for Country Wines!
Pectic enzyme also breaks down cell walls in fruit increasing juice yield and flavor in wine. Aids color extraction from the fruit skins. It is only effective at color extraction if added while still in maceration (on the skins). Makes crushing or pressing more efficient and improves yields. Improves polyphenol extraction, color intensity, stability, and clarity. Do not use with bentonite, results will not be as good. You can add the finings later on if it turns out you need them.