Now I will show you how it is used even though I know eventually some Joker will try to say he thought the flat washer, nut, and wrench nipple were included. The other items shown in the photos above and below are not included! The other items shown are props to show you how the o-ring gasket is used and where to put it. The red line depicts where your kettle wall will be:
- Silicone O-Rings are excellent seal materials for extreme temperature in static applications.
- Outstanding flex and fatigue life, very good for ozone and UV radiation, insulating properties, and physiologically neutral.
- Service temperature is -90 F to 500 F (-68 C to 260 C)
- Excellent heat and compression resistance, excellent flexibility, and good electrical insulation.
- Silicone O-Ring, has good resistance to fungal and biological attack should you come to need that.
- At high temperatures, Silicone O-Rings are superior to most other elastic materials
- Silicone has limitations. These are sold for hobby home brewing applications. Avoid using with Aromatic Hydrocarbons (benzene, toluene), aromatic mineral oil, acids and alkalis, superheated water or steam over 250 F