MAKE YOUR OWN DELICIOUS PROBIOTIC SUPERFOODS: Ferment vegetables (carrots, pickles okra, onions radishes and even tiny baby watermelons) in a brine and use your Pickle Packer wooden pounder to pack tasty dry salted ferments and maximize jar content. Good stuff for your tummy and immune system!
The Pickle Packer Jar Tamper is the perfect tool for tightly packing vegetables into jars for canning and fermentation. It is carved from high-quality acacia wood and coated with a food safe mineral oil to protect the wood. Includes a double-sided design with one end for wide-mouth jars and the other end for regular-mouth jars.
Use the Pickle Packer when making sauerkraut, pickles, fermented carrots and many other preserved vegetables. When making sauerkraut, use the end to tightly pack cabbage into the jar for the best fermentation results. When making pickles, use to tightly pack cucumber slices into the jars to maximize the jar space. Also works great for packing jars when pickling carrots, okra, onions and much more!
- Tightly pack cabbage pickles carrots and other preserved vegetables for the best fermentation results.
- Maximizes jar contents by packing as much as possible into the jar
- Double-sided, fits both wide mouth and regular mouth jars
- Dimensions: 10″ x 2.5″ (wide mouth end) x 2″ (regular mouth end) Weight: 10.4 oz
- Hand wash only. You may protect with food-safe mineral oil.