Citric Acid is an effective additive for improving the flavor and quality of wine. It is generally used for its flavor contributions and other benefits. The crystallized form is easy to work with, measure and add to the wine. It imparts a pleasing fruity and citrusy flavor that brightens the overall flavor of wine and creates a more balanced character. Citric acid also prevents oxidation, inhibits bacterial growth and can be used in white wines to retain a light color. It should be used when making wine from fruits with low concentrations of citric acid including apricots, mangoes, figs, strawberries, peaches and plums. It is also used to increase acidity at a ratio of 0.1% for each teaspoon per gallon in wine. Be careful with how much you add to your wine because you will get a very tart flavor if you use to much.
- Factory sacked 100% pure USP-FN/FCC food grade bulk anhydrous citric acid in an easy-to-use crystallized form
- Increases acidity in candy, cheese, wine, cider, sake or other fermented beverages
- Imparts a pleasing fruity, citrusy flavor to elevate the flavor of wine and create a more balanced character
- Citric acid can be used in sanitizing solutions to lower the pH, which will make the SO2 level more effective
- An anti-oxidant, citric acid reduces browning and is also great for making Bath Bombs or creating safe Household Cleaners