What sets the BrewBuilt X2 Series apart:
- Highest quality mirror finish.
- Welded, ground and polished interior welds are the very highest quality and the ultimate for sanitation.
- Four crossbar reinforced legs are superior for stability, mimicking Pro Uni Tanks.
- Horizontal ports on the cone, just like pro tanks, allowing your racking arm, carbstone, and thermometer to have a horizontal placement in your tank. This allows for smaller minimum batch sizes, better carbonation, and more.
- Pressure Relief Valve with pull ring built into the lid.
- 2″ oversized bottom port and Butterfly Valve.
- Coolest accessory upgrades like Pressure Pack with Floating Dip Tube, clear Flex Chamber trub collector, Coolstix, Kit for Pressure Fermentation etc. Read more Below!
The BrewBuilt X2 Uni Conical was born of thousands of hours of research, contemplation, and development. The engineers and critical minds behind its realization scoured years of feedback from home and professional brewers alike to determine the ideal feature set of a stainless steel conical fermenter. And where standard features fell short, we pushed the boundaries into new territory never before seen on a premium conical fermenter. The end result is a unit purpose-built to advance your fermentation process, improve the quality of your finished beer, and look good doing it. This is the brewing sidekick that you’ll brag to your friends about.
We guarantee that you will love the fit and finish of the X2 Uni Conical. Made entirely of 304 stainless steel, the quality exceeds what has previously been done in brewing applications and approaches the level of pharmaceutical-grade finish. With flawless welds and a dazzling mirror-polish finish inside and out, the BrewBuilt X2 Uni is easy to sanitize and even easier on the eyes. You’ll probably wanna snap a pic. #BrewBuilt
Extra Large 2” T.C. Dump Valve
Dry hop to your heart’s desire. Try as they might, hopheads will have a hard time clogging this conical. With an oversized 2″ bottom port, you’ll have all the clearance you need (and even more than some pro brewers) to drop out your dry hop additions with ease. The slick mirror-polish finish on the inside allows flocculating yeast to collect neatly at the bottom of the cone as they slide right down the smooth interior walls. The butterfly dump valve integrates perfectly with the optional Flex Chamber Trub Separator and Yeast Harvester.
Reinforced Four-Leg Foundation
There’s a common complaint seen in the feedback for other conicals on the market—the tippiness of three-legged units. Three legs may be fine when the fermenter is sitting still on an even surface, but users are often forced to purchase a bracing shelf for more stability if they add casters or leg extensions. A conical is only as worthy as its foundation, so BrewBuilt modeled the X2 after professional-level brewery tanks with a four-leg, reinforced base. This seemingly small design feature is more expensive to produce, but it’s what makes the X2 conical exceedingly stable when compared to other models. When you fill up your fermenter with delicious fresh wort, you want to trust the vessel that’s holding your latest creation. Brewers shouted from the mountaintop that they wanted stronger, sturdier legs right out of the box that don’t require an additional bracing shelf. The four-leg, welded-bar reinforced system is absolutely rock solid. This is an especially critical feature if you plan to add rolling casters so can easily glide the fermenter around your brewery.
The reinforced four-leg design not only increased the stability and strength of the conical, it also allowed the unit to stand taller, thereby eliminating the need for extensions in almost every situation. An elbow, a sight glass, or the Flex Chamber can be mounted under the unit with room to spare.
The X2 Uni comes standard with reinforced thread-in adjustable feet. If your home brewery has uneven flooring, you can quickly and easily level out the fermenter. The feet can be swapped out with high-quality casters at any time.
Other Features You’ll Love:
- Downward-facing Blowoff U Barb prevents blow off tubing from kinking and is much easier to remove and clean than a fixed stainless blow off
- Internally etched volume markers in gallons and liters
- Stainless steel lid clamp with single-piece molded silicone gasket
- In our X2 redesign we’ve added two more 1.5″ T.C. ports to the cone and body for additional flexibility with current and upcoming product add-ons
The base model X2 Uni allows you to purchase the conical at the most affordable price and upgrade as you go. All of the accessories included with the X2 Uni+ can be purchased separately, so you can start fermenting now and come back later to add features and improve your process.
- Flex Chamber – Trub Separator & Yeast Harvester
The pressurizable Flex Chamber attaches directly to the butterfly dump valve and can be used for removing trub, harvesting yeast, and many other tasks. Ball lock adapters can be attached to the threaded ports on either side, allowing you to connect oxygenation or carbonation stones, or flush the Flex Chamber with CO2 and use it to inject hops or other ingredients into your conical.
- Pressure Pack with Clear Float Technology
The Pressure Pack features a unique floating racking tube that can be used for taking samples, keg transfers, or serving finished beer. This innovative feature draws beer from the top down, which means you’re always pulling the clearest, most sediment-free beer possible. Using pressure to draw a sample from the floating dip tube will also eliminate the tiny bit of oxygen that would be injected into your beer every time the traditional sample valve is opened.
- Glycol-ready X-Series CoolStix™
Drop in the X-Series CoolStix for an easy-to-use, innovative solution for maintaining fermentation temps. Fits perfectly with the Pressure Pack’s 1.5″ T.C. port, or you can replace the Uni’s 4″ T.C. port with a 4″ to 1.5″ T.C. reducer. Cycle cooling solution through the CoolStix using either an IceMaster Glycol Chiller or a BrewBuilt Chiller Pump Kit placed in ice water. We highly recommend adding the Neoprene Jacket to help keep the conical insulated and improve cooling performance. CoolStix are designed for fermentation temperature control.
- Glycol-ready Ludicrous Coil
The Ludicrous Coil offers unparalleled performance for an in-solution cooling apparatus and is highly recommended for brewers that want the top-shelf option with the highest cooling capacity. Aside from normal temperature control, when paired with a glycol unit, the Ludicrous Coil has the ability to chill beer down to cold crash temperatures. Pair with an IceMaster Max 2 and Neoprene Jacket to unlock the Ludicrous Coil’s cold crashing capabilities. Not necessary for all brewers, but a significant upgrade over the CoolStix!
- BrewBuilt Kit for Fermenting Under Pressure (Required to ferment or seal/cap an X2 with an active fermentation)
The Pressure Relief Valve (PRV) that comes with the conical is not sufficient for fermentation as it can become clogged with Krausen. To ferment or seal/cap an active fermentation requires the use and safety of the Pressure Fermentation Kit. This no-compromises kit includes the same hardware you will find on a commercial unitank, including a dedicated pro level spunding valve, a sealed pressure gauge, and a dedicated commercial PRV. Read more about these key hardware features in the kit copy. Also included is liquid Foam-Axe which helps reduce Krausen. Please read and follow all special instructions that come with the kit as well as your instruction manual.
- Hop Bong Oxygen-Free Dry Hopping Device
The Hop Bong is a versatile pressurizable tri-clamp accessory that is perfect for purging oxygen from your dry hops before dropping them into your fermenter. Load up the Hop Bong, flush it with CO2, purge out oxygen with the handy PRV on top, then simply open the Butterfly Valve to inject your beer with a 6 oz payload of dry hops.
- High Roller Caster Set
Go mobile with this heavy-duty caster set. Your fermenter moves around the brewery a lot, so why not give it some glide? Roll from sanitizing to kettle transfer to keg transfer to cleaning with minimal effort. Moving a stainless conical around can be taxing. Give your back a break and upgrade your conical with a set of rolling casters.
- 304 stainless steel construction
- Mirror polish finish
- Interior welds are the best in the business – uniquely ground and polished
- (3) Horizontal welded cone ports
- (1) 4″ TC Lid Opening
- (2) 1.5″ TC Lid Openings
- 2″ TC bottom dump with 2″ TC butterfly valve
- 1.5″ Thermowell for inserting thermal probe
- Strong welded in place handles
- (4) Adjustable feet
- Silicone tube for blow off
- Stainless lid clamp & one piece molded gasket
- Built-in 15 psi PRV (Not sufficient for fermentation – optional Pressure Fermentation Kit required for pressure fermentations)
- Internally etched volume markers