Use Briess Black Patent malt in small amounts for color adjustment with minimal flavor contribution, or can be used in conjunction with other roasted malts to intensify the color and add a distinct sharp roasted flavor. It will have little impact on head color and can be used when a dark beer with a light head is desired. 500°L
- Malt Style: Black (Patent) Malt. Kosher: UMK Pareve
- Flavor: Dry roasted, sharp to neutral
- Color: Dark brown to black, 500L
- Usage: in dark beers for flavor
• In small quantities in all styles for color with little or no flavor.
• Sometimes used with other dark roasted malts to achieve desired color.
• Often used to provide color without overpowering flavor that is characteristic of European-style dark beers.
• May be used with or without Roasted Barley to brew a Stout with more color and less intense Roasted Barley flavor
• May be used with Chocolate Malt to produce a Porter with less pronounced chocolate flavor notes.
• Black Malt is not interchangeable with Roasted Barley.
• Produces dark colored beer with little impact to foam color. Use when dark beer with light head is desired.
• Produced from AMBA/BMBRI recommended 6-Row Malting Barley varieties.