Typical ratio for the use is up to 100% for Dark Bavarian style beers and 10-50% for enhancing color and aroma. It is recommended for dark types with a rich body such as Bavarian Dark, Dark Bock and Dark Wheat Beer.
- Currently shipping Avangard Malz, Germany’s largest maltster
- A great base malt for a wide range of beers, including English, American, Belgian and more!
- 55LB Sack of Unmilled Malt for Brewing Beer. Color: 3L
- Base malt kilned slightly darker than standard pilsner or 2-row, with an associated depth of character which it lends to finished beers.
- Typical Styles: Bitters, Pale Ales, IPAs, Ambers, Browns, Porters, Stouts, Belgian Dubbel, Trippel, Quad
Avangard sources it’s grain from the main European growing areas in Germany, France, Denmark, Sweden and UK. Small quantities are supplied by other EU countries. Avangard was formed in 2006 when the assets of the bankrupt Weissheimer Malz (founded in 1864) were purchased by some rich expatriate Russian bankers. It was at the time of failure the world’s sixth largest maltster. Avangard under new management quickly became the leading maltster in Germany today. Vertically integrated, Avangard owns thousands of cropland acres, hundreds of tractors and harvesters, and the largest physical facilities in Germany.