SHIPPING CHARGE NOTE: If UPS or Fedex is not showing as a shipping option, call in to find out what your shipping discount will be.
DAP is the basic ingredient for almost all yeast nutrients. To get FERMAX you would simply add yeast hulls to our DAP. To get yeast ENERGIZER you would add yeast hulls, Epsom Salts, and yeast hearts.
Some winemakers add it to every fermentation. An Excellent Source of nitrogen and it improves yeast health. DAP (diammonium phosphate) is a traditional source of nitrogen to aid yeast, and help reduce the risk of problems associated with hydrogen sulfide.
USAGE: Use 1/2 to 3/4 grams per gallon.
Diammonium Phosphate (DAP) is a mineral nitrogen source used for yeast viability during primary fermentation. DAP stimulates yeast growth and fermentation activity and helps to prevent the formation of hydrogen sulfide. Add it to juice or must to supplement natural levels of yeast assimilable nitrogen (YAN) at the beginning of fermentation.
- Stimulates yeast growth and fermentation activity.
- Helps to prevent the formation of hydrogen sulfide.
- Readily soluble in water and can be added directly or as an aqueous solution.
- 21.2% ammonia nitrogen, 100 ppm (10 g/hL) DAP = 21 ppm nitrogen, 1 lb/1000G = 25.4 ppm N
- Other names: Ammonium phosphate, secondary; diammonium hydrogen phosphate; diammonium phosphate; DAP.
Application: Usually added at the beginning of fermentation and possibly again at the mid-point.