The 2018 National Homebrew Competition Application Form is now open through midnight, January 30, 2018. The application and competition is open to AHA members only (join or renew today).
To apply to the competition, you will need
- The email address associated with your AHA member account and
- Your AHA member number.
Read the Rules & Regulations and Frequently Asked Questions to answer your questions prior to applying to the competition, and make sure you are subscribed to competition emails.
Applicants are only asked to choose how many entries they wish to enter and pay for, and to identify the judging centers to which they’d be willing to ship entries. Beer registration styles and specialty information are required after the application window closes January 30, 2018.
Entry fee is $14 per entry in 2018.
Important Dates & Deadlines:
- Application Window: January 23 through January 30, 2018
- Entry Registration & Payment: Notification February 5 through February 15, 2018. Applicants will then have 72 hours from the date of notification to pay for their entries.
- Judging/Stewarding Signup: February 8, 2018
- First Round Shipping Window: March 19 through March 30, 2018
- First Round Judging (all sites): April 6 through April 22, 2018
* * *
American Homebrewers Association Competition Coordinator John Moorhead is director of the National Homebrew Competition, coordinates the Great American Beer Festival® Pro-Am Competition and the Capitol Hill Staff Homebrew Competition, works on homebrewing legislative issues, and writes for HomebrewersAssociation.org.