Opshaug used the strain for years, brewing kornøl-style raw ales with juniper branches and kveik like other brewers in the area until he was exposed to modern brewing theory, which teaches that this method of brewing is wrong. In an effort to stay current, Opshaug switched from the kveik to a commercially available strain, but he couldn’t bring himself to get rid of the kveik which he calls “the good sort” so he made it a point to keep it alive throughout the years.
- AVAILABLE FOR LIMTED TIME – White Labs Vault Strain
- Mixed Culture Norwegian Farmhouse Ale and Kornøl-Style Raw Ales
- Perfect for IPA and Pale Ale
- Optimum Fermentation Temp: 77-95℉ (25-35℃)
- Pitch Perfect packaging! Ships in an insulated mailer with CooI Pack