Developed by Yakima Chief Ranches, Select Botanicals Group, proprietary American hop Warrior® is fast becoming a favorite, especially with US craft breweries. Warrior or YCR 5 was selected for its high alpha content, low co-humulone, good storage stability and tolerance to powdery mildew (Growers like those last two!) Among its desirable traits are its clean, smooth bittering and a somewhat inconspicuous citrusy and spicy aroma. It is primarily used for its mild, clean bittering properties. Warrior is proprietary and the ancestry is not publicly known.
- Purpose: Bittering
- Characteristics Aromas of citrus and spice
- Alpha Acid Composition 14.5%-18%
- Beta Acid Composition 4.3%-6%
- Co-Humulone Composition 22%-28%
- Grown and Packaged in the United States