This racking cane tip is designed to fit both stainless steel and plastic 3/8″ racking canes. Using this racking cane tip while siphoning prevents yeast and trub entering your siphon, giving your clearer, cleaner product. Tip has prongs which may be adjusted slightly for a better fit.
SIPHON INSTRUCTIONS: Put your fermenter up on the bench gently so as not to disturb the sediment. If you think of it, do this a couple days before you rack so that any disturbed trub will resettle. Lower the cane into the fermenter about half way. Lock the cane in place with a fermenter clip or a clean dry wash cloth as wadding. Start your siphon. Use a carboy wedge or rubber bung to tilt the carboy slightly so that the tip is in the deepest part.
- Keeps ‘Junk’ out of your wine
- Fits 3/8in OD racking canes
- Fits fermenters with an opening larger than 11/16″
- Works with stainless or plastic racking cane
- Will even fit 3/8″OD plastic tubing
- Color: Black
- Compatibility: Fits racking canes with an outside diameter of 3/8in (9.7mm)
- Height: 0.75in (19.1mm)
- Width (at widest point): 0.75in (19.1mm)