The Oak Infusion Spiral is a patented oak alternative used to add flavor and aroma to fine wine, but also can be used with whiskey, rum and beer. It has been used in thousands of wines since 2005 with outstanding results from every major wine region in North America. The unique spiral-cut design creates unrivaled surface area in a small package, allowing fast extraction of the toasted oak aroma and flavor compounds with refined integration in the wine.
The big surface area of the spiral design allows a shorter pickup time of wood character, allowing adequate oak impact in a matter of 7 to 14 days of contact time. Full extraction in 6 weeks. Toasting is a process measured in time & temperature, not color. Differences in darkness or lightness of identically toasted woods is due to natural differences in the wood before toasting, such as grain tightness & moisture, each of which falls into a range of values that meets our standard.
These spirals are produced by oak professionals at The Barrel Mill and experienced technicians using a convection process to produce the highest quality products on the market.
- 2PK Amburana Brazillian Oak Spirals Light Toast
- Age, customize and add complexity to your own rum wine, brandy, cognac, spirit or liquor.
- Used in oaking Cachaça Rum Wine Brandy or Alcohol Spirits
- Can be used at all stages of the fermentation and aging process without leaving a mess.
- Add oak without having to use a barrel. One spiral will do 3 gallons in 6 weeks. (Full extraction)
- Beneficial For Introducing Premium Oak Characteristics to Wines.
- Amazing aroma of warm spices and vanilla.