The sensory profile of wines made with Lalvin ICV D47 Cotes du Rhone demonstrate an enhanced aroma and flavor. This can be partially attributed to high ?-glucosidase activity. It tends to allow the expression of good levels of terpenes, including citronellol, nerol and geraniol. Due to the release of polysaccharides into the must during fermentation , this yeast contributes to a round, soft palate with good weight. This process can also result in the stability of aromatic compounds. Highly recommended for the production of premium, barrel fermented Chardonnay. When left on lees spicy, tropical, citrus notes develop and the wine is said to have a silky persistence.
- 5 gram sachet package
- For Complex Whites with Citrus and Floral Notes
- An excellent choice for dry whites, blush & residual sugar wines.
- Makes up to 23L
- Average alcohol tolerance up to 14%
- SO2 production: very low final level at the end of fermentation
- ICV-D47 is a high polysaccharide producer known to accentuate fruit characteristics and bring volume and complexity to white wines.