This high quality tubing is sourced from commercial brewing suppliers and is made from FDA sanctioned materials. It is unrivaled in its ability to resist extreme temperature variations from minus 100°F up to 500°. Usual operating temp is 280 degrees F with a max of 350 degrees F. This tubing is resilient, stretchable, and resistant to compression. It is odorless, tasteless, and inert. This is the same material formerly recommended for implantation in human females. “Silicone Implants” are no longer considered safe. Apparently there is potential for leakage when squeezed. Good electrical and weatherability properties. Resists U.V., ozone, gases, and moisture so it should last a long time in your home brew setup. Certified by the National Sanitation Foundation (NSF-51) for food service equipment and materials.
- 3/8″ inner diameter, 1/2″ outer diameter – (9.52 x 12.7 mm) – large tube that can stretch to fit over barbs up to 14mm in diameter.
- Highest grade, platinum cured, maximum transparency, SHORE-A #60 hardness – a bit stiffer than our smaller tubing on purpose to prevent collapse. Silicone stretches and does not kink/collapse.
- Can hold a partial vacuum (about 0.5 atm) without collapse.
- UV resistant; does not deteriorate outdoors. Extremely durable.
- Insulates extreme heat and cold, works from -100°F to +500°F.
- Guaranteed to arrive fresh and springy, without creases. BPA and lead free; food safe, medical grade. Made in U.S.A