Sir Joseph Whitworth proposed this thread in 1841 as a solution to compatibility issues between manufacturers. This was the first standardized thread form. If you try to screw this in to NPT (William Sellers 1864) it will go ok for about 3/8″ then stop. It is just a bit too small for a nipple shank. Currently designated as “G” and defined in ISO-228.
|Trade Size||Threads per inch||Pitch||Major Diameter||Minor Diameter||Gage Length|
- Resistance against corrosion and rust as this forged full coupling is made of stainless steel SS304 material.
- Higher quality as it has higher strength to withstand higher pressure. Fitting is molded using compressive force and high heat and pressure. The grain size will be more refined resulting in higher strength and resistance to external impacts.
- Excellent performance in high pressure application as it has a working pressure up to 3000 PSI. Ideal for application where high pressure or extremely corrosive conditions exist.
- BSPP female threaded ends. Full coupling is made in accordance to ASME B16.11 standard.
- Full coupler connects small bore pipes with threaded ends.
- Requires sealing compound
There are no reviews yet.