- Premium Distillers Whiskey Yeast with AG and nutrients from Still Spirits 72g Pack
- For fermentation of up to 6.6gals of sugar, malt extract or grain mash.
- Optimised for elegant, rounded, refined whiskey for oak aging.
- Use for all types of Whiskey, Bourbon, Malt and Rye
- Turbo class product with Still Spirits Distillers Enzymes and Nutrients
- Alcohol Tolerance: 15% ABV Temperature Range: 20-35C (68-95F) Attenuation: 90-100% (Low-High) Flocculation Rate: Medium
Many years of research and development have gone into this product. What they were going for was a good American, Scotch or Irish whisky. This stuff was developed in New Zealand where home distillation is completely legal. This yeast is very clean and is not overloaded with nutrients.
A pure culture Whisky Strain of Saccharomyces Cerevisiae used widely in commercial whisky, with robust and authentic aromatics even in high-alcohol fermentations. Includes the advantage of complete nutrition and amyloglucosidase. This enables both complete dextrin conversion of malt or grain for maximum yield as well as rapid fermentation to 15% ABV which is very high for standard whisky “low beers”.
Fermentation can be violent – do not use an airlock for the initial period of fermentation as the extreme CO2 pressure will just blow it off. Just cover with a clean cloth and secure with rubber bands like a drumhead. Product contains an anti-foaming agent, so you should be able to ferment a 6.6 gallon batch in a 7.8 gallon bucket. Follow directions and pay close attention to temperatures (68-82f) for best results.