- Usage: 1 gram per gallon of must or juice.
- Complex yeast nutrient, said to be worth the extra $
- 1 gram per gallon of must or juice
- 500g (17.5oz) Packet
INSTRUCTIONS: Add to must at the beginning of fermentation, and again at 1/3 sugar depletion for high nutrient requirement yeasts. Add at the rate of 1 grams per gallon. Fermaid K can be added directly to must, or if the fermentation is active, hydrate in distilled water to avoid CO2 release and excessive foaming.
- The unsaturated fatty acids and sterols provided by Fermaid K are important survival factors yeast cells need to maintain alcohol resistance and permease activity, and help keep volatile acidity levels low.
- Nitrogen is critical for protein synthesis and to maintain cellular growth. Fermaid K’s alpha amino acids provide a nitrogen source which is easier and more efficient for yeast to metaboize than nitrogen from traditional ammonia salts.
- The cell wall fractions in Fermaid K absorb short and medium chain fatty acids that are toxic to yeast, and provide nucleation sites to help keep the yeast in suspension.
- Fermaid K (Kosher) is a complex nutrient which is certified Kosher for Passover.