- Perfect for adding notes of coconut to Imperials Porters and Stouts
- Contains 1LB (454g) of thick medium slice coconut chips
- Real coconuts, baked ’til they’re crave-ably crunchy. Snacks gone simple.
- Simple ingredient, baked, never fried. Gluten free, dairy free, no added oil, good source of dietary fiber, Non-GMO, no added preservatives.
- Simple snack with an out-loud crunchiness that show how delicious living life a little more simply can be.
Instructions: Stew them down in some boiling water and filter the chips out to make a tincture and get your extract. Pop it in the fridge and add to your brew during the boil or secondary. You can also create an extract by soaking chips in vodka or grain alcohol. The toasting will have removed much of the oils, but scoop up any remaining oil on the surface as those will reduce your head retention. Add just before bottling or kegging for maximum flavor result.
From Axelum Resources Corp in Libertyville, IL: Our coconuts are locally grown in the Phillipines. Red V is a special type of desiccatd coconut ideal for brewing. Red V is used mainly in confectionery products and bakery ingredients, especially as decorative cake toppings. It is also used in breakfast cereals and snack bars. During processing, the grated coconut white meat is blanched, dried, toasted and sifted.