Citric Acid is an effective additive for improving the flavor and quality of wine. It is generally used for its flavor contributions and other benefits. The crystallized form is easy to work with, measure and add to the wine. It imparts a pleasing fruity and citrusy flavor that brightens the overall flavor of wine and creates a more balanced character. Citric acid also prevents oxidation, inhibits bacterial growth and can be used in white wines to retain a light color. It should be used when making wine from fruits with low concentrations of citric acid including apricots, mangoes, figs, strawberries, peaches and plums.
- Increase acidity in cheese, sake, wine, cider or other fermented beverages
- Imparts a pleasing fruity, citrusy flavor to elevate the flavor of wine and create a more balanced character
- Prevents oxidation and inhibits bacterial growth
- Easy-to-use crystallized form
- Citric Acid can be used in sanitizing solutions to lower the pH, which will make the SO2 level more effective.
- Net Weight: 3oz
- UPC: 849731000305