- Briess Caramel Munich Malt is a Specialty base malt produced in the USA
- 1LB uncrushed 2-row malt for brewing beer
- Imparts caramel, roasted & malty flavors with amber to red hues.
- Contributes deep golden to red hues 60º Lovibond
- Enzymes intact: NO Lintner: 0 Usage: 1-15%
- Frequently used in IPA, Pale Ale, Oktoberfest and Porters.
Malt is often called the “Heart of Beer” for good reason. Malted barley, or malt, is the basic ingredient used in the production of beer, providing complex carbohydrates and sugars necessary for fermentation, as well as contributing flavors and colors that are uniquely characteristic of beer.
Boasting of origins in the 1800’s, Briess Malt & Ingredients Co. is the only vertically integrated maltster in North America. That means they make their own pure malt extracts from their own malt. You are assured of receiving only the fullest flavored, freshest, purest malt extracts for top brewhouse performance.
When it comes to producing natural specialty ingredients for food and beer, Briess is setting new standards for success. That’s because we treat every aspect of our business as a craft, from grower to technical expertise to multiple processing capabilities. Family owned since 1876, we remain poised to deliver solutions and services tailored to meet your needs. Hey, this is the heart of the beer we’re talking about here. The basic ingredient that helps gives your brew its unique flavor, color and body.