This floor corker is much easier to use and provides a better seal and corking experience than hand corkers which are can be difficult and hateful. We only stock the hand corkers because first-timers aren’t sure they want to spend $70 on a floor corker. Just about everyone who sticks with the hobby comes back and buys the floor corker after bottling their first batch with the hand corker.
- The best floor corker available in this price range. Getting the more expensive green one won’t buy you much
- The corking depth can be adjusted by moving the nut up or down on the plunger pin
- Will fit any standard size wine bottles, 375ml 750ml and 1.5 ltrs
- Brass Iris jaws, Rolled steel construction, long handle for better leverage
- Works on all straight corks up to #9. Does not do Champagne or Belgian corks.
CAUTION: The handle is spring loaded and can fly up with some force. Keep your face out of range. Store it with the handle in the upright position (spring is relaxed) and carry with one hand on the handle.
NOTE: There is no padding on the feet. If you want to use it on a nice counter or floor, put it on a sheet of cardboard so that you do not mar the finish of your table/floor.
ASSEMBLY: Four wing nuts for the base and handle.
INSTRUCTIONS: Begin with the handle up. Place your bottle on the platform and push it down so that you can slip the bottle mouth under the jaws. Drop a cork in the jaws opening and pull down the handle with one steady motion. If after insertion the cork sits up too high or to far down in the bottle, adjust the round nut on the plunger. If your bottles are too short to be clamped, place a board under them and exercise caution. If the depth adjustment nut comes out of adjustment over a long bottling run, put a small amount of pipe tape on it to prevent vibration from turning it.
There are no reviews yet.