We accomplish this using a tried and true industrial technique called Pulse Width Modulation (PWM). Simply put, it controls the percentage of time the heater is energized over a very short 1 sec interval. So turning the knob to “6” energizes the heater for 0.6 seconds, and turns it off for the remainder of the 1 sec interval. This robust reliable technique is gentle on your heater, is extremely linear, and doesn’t create electrical noise like other techniques can. See below for other great features.
- 240v Relay Module for use with Blichmann Engineering 240v Power Controller
- Use up to 4 relay modules to control a total of 5 multiple heating elements
- Perfect match for Blichmann BoilCoil electric heaters
- Works with any manufacturer’s immersion heater
- 240v Power Controller required, must be purchased separately