The Autosiphon is 25″ long so it will go to the bottom of a 24″ tall fermenter. It should be possible to start your siphon and then slowly extend the pump arm all the way out while going down, giving you an additional 24″ of depth.
Instructions (Courtesy Our Vendor):
- Sanitize and rinse your Auto Siphon.
- Get the inner tube gasket and the outer tube wet.
- Attach the curved siphon to a hose.
- Submerge the end of Auto Siphon into your container.
- If bottling directly, attach the bottling wand and place it inside a bottle.
- Otherwise place the the tubing into the container you’re racking to.
- Pull the inner tube up until the liquid fills the tube.
- Pump the inner tube down and siphon will begin.
- Pull out the inner tube and sanitize your Auto Siphon for storage.
IMPORTANT: DO NOT REMOVE the flutter valve at the tip of the device. It will be difficult to reinstall without a piece of dowel and poster putty. I’ll never take another one out. Rinse it well and sanitize in place.