Classified as a Saccharomyces cerevisiae, a top-fermenting yeast.
- Vigorous fermentation that can be completed in 4 days.
- High attenuation and Medium to High flocculation.
- Aroma and flavor is fruity and phenolic with a hint of alcohol.
- Optimal temperature range for Abbaye yeast (when producing traditional styles) 17°C(63°F) to 25°C(77°F).
Typical Analysis of LalBrew Abbaye Yeast™:
- Percent solids 93% – 97%
- Living Yeast Cells ≥ 5 x 109 per gram of dry yeast
- Wild Yeast < 1 per 106 yeast cells
- Bacteria < 1 per 106 yeast cells
In line with Lallemand’s strict quality control and assurance procedures, every single batch of Lallemand yeast is released to the market only after passing a rigorous series of tests, guaranteeing the highest standards of purity, quality and performance.
Understanding the needs of today’s brewers has led us to develop new premium strains of brewing yeast and bacteria product lines. Delivering excellence in consistency, reliability and purity, these yeast and bacteria products empower brewers to exercise greater control over the fermentation process, expressing their creativity to brew beers with the desired aromatic and flavor qualities.
Lallemand Inc. Is a privately-owned Canadian corporation that researches, develops, produces and markets yeasts, bacteria and related products with the aim of reproducing, managing and optimizing natural fermentation processes in the agri-food industries.