- 5.2 is a proprietary blend of food-grade phosphate buffers that will lock in your mash
- 5.2 is safe for your mash and will not add any flavors to your beer
- 5.2 optimizes the enzymatic activity of your malt, helps clarify your wort, and often raise your starting gravities
- In the boil, 5.2 will give you more consistent hop usage
- 5.2 keeps hard water salts in solution so you will have less scaling in your equipment.
5.2 pH Mash Stabilizer is a proprietary blend of food-grade phosphate buffers (similar to brewer’s salts) that will lock in your mash at a pH of 5.2 regardless of the starting pH of your water. 5.2 pH Mash Stabilizer is safe for your mash and WILL NOT add any flavors to your beer. 5.2 pH Mash Stabilizer will provide consistency of pH in any water conditions, but the most significant gains will be obtained if you are brewing in hard water.
Repeatability throughout the brewing process is the key to producing consistent high quality beer. Of all the ingredients in your beer, water is the most misunderstood component. Water is universal solvent for metals, minerals, cations and anions. The quality, hardness and subsequent pH of your mash will affect enzymatic activity, solubility of salts, proteins and sugars as well as hop usage and perceived hop bitterness. In addition, water quality also contributes to scaling and mineral deposited on your equipment. Now you have the ability to control the pH of your mash under any conditions.
Five Star Chemicals is a full service provider of cleaning, sanitizing, and lubricant chemicals. Our mission since 1980, has been to provide quality products supported by superior customer service. All products have been formulated to work on every type of brewing equipment, while also maintaining the integrity of the surface. If making high quality beer, wine, cider, or spirits is your priority, Five Star Chemicals should be your first choice for all of your cleaning and sanitizing needs.
There are no reviews yet.