Here’s a one ounce factory sealed foil pack of MULTIPURPOSE Motueka hop pellets from Motueka, New Zealand and factory packaged by BSG Handcraft, formerly Crosby & Baker. These are amazing hops that are so fine they can be used in a single-hopped Ale. Offers unique aroma and flavor from first kettle additions through late gifting. Consider making your favorite Ale with just these, substituting Motueka for everything at your usual weight and boil intervals. If you like these, hit me right away for what you think you will need because they sell out early. I can get you all you want right now but most likely none at all later in the year. Seasons are reversed in NZ so the current crop becomes available in July. These hops are factory packed and come in a nitrogen flushed light and oxygen barrier foil pack so that they will remain useable for a long time.
MOTUEKA: Motueka Hops are an aromatic variety, with all the desirable characteristics from the Czech Saaz variety plus a twist that makes it unique among hops. The aroma in Motueka is a mix of citrus and nectar fruits, coming from the myrcene and farnesene at high levels which is unique. Myrcene is known for its citrus qualities, while farnesene contributes a flowering herbal character. Caryophyllene and Humulene oils in Motueka Hops are lower than most other varieties. The result is an exclusive combination for Motueka Hops which makes this variety appropriate for brewing additions from beginning to end in Pilsners and a variety of Ales.
- Pedigree: Bred by crossing 2/3 New Zealand breeding selections with 1/3 Saaz
- Brewing Usage: Aroma
- Aroma: Lemon, Lime, Tropical Fruit
- Alpha Acids %: 6.5-7.5
- Beta Acids %: 5.0-5.5
- Co-Humolone: ~29% of alpha acids
- Total Oil: 0.8 mls/100g
- General Trade Perception: Excellent in many applications and when emplOyed in multiple additions from a single hop bill
- Possible Substitutions: Saaz, Sterling
- Typical Beer Styles: European lagers, Belgian and English ales, Pilsner
- Additional Information: This hop offers a unique aroma and flavor making it suitable for producing bigger more traditional style Lagers, especially Bohemian Pilsner.