With significantly more power than anything else on the market, waiting for a boil is now a thing of the past. In the high efficiency mode, you’ll get 80,000 BTU/hr and superb heat transfer to the wort and whisper quiet operation. Plenty of power to keep a rolling boil on a 20 gal batch of beer. Even our efficiency mode has significantly more power than the competition! To top off all that power we include a patent pending heat shield to keep that massive power off your valve and thermometer and direct it to your wort. Dual mode capability; high power mode and high efficiency mode.
- 140,000 BTU/hr at full power, 80,000 BTU/hr in efficiency mode (50% power setting).
- Patent pending clip-on heat shield keeps that massive amount of heat off your valve and thermometer and directs it to your wort.
- Excellent outdoor flame stability (not suitable for indoor use).
- Dual mode capability; high power mode and high efficiency mode.
- HellFire – 1BBL XL Version fits kettles up to 25″, Including 55 Gallon BoilerMaker™ Kettles
There are a number of manufacturers claiming wildly high power outputs. But at Blichmann Engineering we thoroughly test our products and stand behind our numbers. Measuring the performance is straightforward: Simply run the burner for an hour at full power and measure the weight of the propane used in pounds using a scale. Then, multiply the weight in pounds by 21,000 to get the burner rating in BTU / hour. For example. the Bayou Classic has a published rating of 180 KBTU / hour but only measured at 68 KBTU / hour.