Bentonite (Montmorillonite) is a clay-like mineral that removes positively charged particles from wine. Add immediately after pressing or to primary fermentation to clear pectic and protein haze. Add 2 teaspoons with half a cup of boiling water (or very hot) and stir for 1-2 minutes. After the solution stands for an hour, mix and stir the solution into your wine. Let stand for 7-14 days during primary fermentation, then rack into a sanitized carboy.
- Pack is 100% Pure K type Bentonite – the lowest cost of all finings
- Bentonite Clay is a very soft clay. Excellent colloidal properties. Great for clay face masks, body masks and facial soaps
- Bentonite Clay is Useful on oily skin. Excellent oil absorbing properties. All Natural.
- We never use metal when handling bentonite. Particle size: 80% smaller than 74 microns, 40% smaller than 44 microns.
- For years it has been thought to remove acne causing toxins from the skin and revitalize tired skin.
- May be used as a soil additive to increase water and nutrient retention.
- When adding to a liquid base, you may need to mix this with a small amount of water to prevent clumping.
Our Bentonite is mined in the western United States from naturally occurring volcanic sediments.